Seeking: Digital production assistant
TheWeek.com seeks a digitally savvy newshound to manage various editorial tasks essential to our growing web presence. This person will wear many hats, but his or her main focus will be improving TheWeek.com’s presence on social media platforms and on tablet devices. Most importantly, this person will have a strong understanding of what makes a story sharable. This is a full time position based in New York City.
Tasks may include:
- Helping maintain The Week’s various social media profiles (Tumblr included!)
- Analyzing traffic trends
- Daily newsletter production
- Researching, writing and formatting stories
- Formatting weekly magazine issues for iPad and other tablet devices
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Proven presence on and strong understanding of social sharing communities including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and others
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems and Google Analytics
- Proficiency in Photoshop and an eye for design
- Excellent news judgment and writing skills
- Basic understanding of HTML and coding a plus
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced news environment is a must
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please provide links to your website, Twitter, Tumblr, and any other accounts that might showcase your web presence.